Comprehensive Therapies for Optimal Recoveries
Southern Indiana Rehab Hospital is dedicated to providing comprehensive neurological rehabilitation services to patients with a variety of injuries and illness affecting the Central Nervous System. Some of the conditions we treat include strokes, brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s Disease, Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis/Lou Gehrig’s disease, Guillain-Barré Syndrome, and others.
Our Program Goals
- To optimize the patient’s recovery in all aspects of their capabilities.
- To assist patients with limitations to develop the skills and confidence needed to function as independently as possible.
- To help patients and their loved ones understand and adjust to the ongoing challenges of neurological conditions.
- To focus on personal dignity and maximum recovery for every patient.
Features of Our Neurological Rehab Program
At Southern Indiana Rehab Hospital, we’re proud of our work to support the recovery of those with neurological conditions. We strive to enhance our programs wherever possible to help patients work towards their maximum levels of functioning. This occurs through careful research, personalized care, and passionate, professional rehab staff.
Our Neurological Rehabilitation Program Features:
- A goal-oriented approach to improving the communication and cognitive abilities of a patient, so they can make the necessary adjustments to their condition
- A variety of therapies to address mobility, daily living, communication, feeding and swallowing, and other personal care skills
- Recreational therapy sessions and supervise community outings for patients
- Ongoing interaction with insurance companies to help maximize the benefits and services available to patients
- Training on adaptive equipment and techniques to adapt activities for the patient’s abilities
- Custom orthotic manufacture
Neurological Rehab Support
Our team also offers a variety of support services to help patients in both our inpatient and outpatient programs. Our patients will have access to Stroke and Traumatic brain Injury education, as well as preventative care and screenings in cooperation with local healthcare providers. It’s our goal to provide informed medical care to the survivors of neurological injuries and illnesses so they can lead healthier, better lives after the event. We also hold monthly support group meetings for those who have suffered a stroke or brain injury. We also participate in and support the Kentucky and Indiana Stroke Association and Brain Injury Association.
Southern Indiana Rehab Hospital also hosts a unique annual camp for the survivors of strokes and brain injuries. The only event of its kind in our region, this camp focuses on providing a safe, supportive environment for survivors to participate in fun activities they thought were lost after their injuries, such as fishing, movie outings, crafts, dinner outings, and a theme party. The camp is supported by a highly trained staff, which includes nurses, therapists, and volunteers.
Would you like to know more about our inpatient neurological rehabilitation services at Southern Indiana Rehab Hospital? Contact our rehabilitation facility online, or call (859) 955-8386.