Inpatient Rehabilitation Services
Dedicated to Improving Your Recovery
Our inpatient rehabilitation services in Southern Indiana are designed especially for our patients who need intensive physical rehabilitation. Inpatient rehabilitation happens in the hospital, with carefully monitored daily exercises and immediate attention from our rehabilitation team.
Diagnoses that may require inpatient rehabilitation services include:
- Neurological disorders
- Brain injuries
- Orthopedic conditions
- Spinal cord injuries
- Hip fractures
- Multiple fractures
- Pulmonary disease
- Pulmonary/cardiac rehabilitation
- Debilitation due to serious, extended illness
- Pain management
- Other conditions on a case-by-case basis
Our Southern Indiana Rehabilitation Team
Inpatient rehabilitation services allow patients to receive a high level of hands-on care from our experienced team of physicians and physical therapists. We incorporate the skills of our physical, occupational, and speech therapist when designing our rehabilitation programs, and our rehabilitation-trained nursing staff help patients to ensure that their rehabilitation gains are used and strengthened throughout the patients’ daily activities. Our rehabilitation staff also includes respiratory therapists, therapeutic recreation specialists, case managers, and others rehabilitation professionals to help meet all the needs of our patients.
At Southern Indiana Rehabilitation hospital, we’re firm believers in the power of teamwork. We also believe that our patients and their loved ones are some of the most important members of the team. We strive to get our patients home as quickly as possible—without sacrificing the quality of their care or taking shortcuts. Our daily team huddles, frequent communication, and daily progress assessments help us to monitor every patient’s progress and ensure that no detail goes overlooked. We also encourage friends and family members to get involved with the rehabilitation process whenever possible to grow their skills and knowledge for the patient’s successful transition to home.
What Sets Southern Indiana Rehabilitation Hospital Apart?
- Personalized, unique care. No two patients are alike, so why should their treatment methods be? Our rehabilitation treatments are shaped by our patients’ needs and goals, as well as uniquely designed to encourage increased independence and functioning as early as possible.
- Our Patient Rooms. We encourage social interactions by utilizing double occupancy rooms, and the room is planned to be wheelchair accessible—including the restroom and showers. We want to encourage independence, while also ensuring the comfort of every patient with personal telephones, adjustable televisions, and in-room therapy sessions.
- Our Gym & Activities of Daily Living (ADL) Training Areas. With our focus on increasing independence and functioning, we pay special attention to the accessibility and quality of our therapy areas. Our spacious gym is ready to host a number of therapy activities, while our ADL area simulates a home with a kitchen area, bathroom, and bedroom. This space is used by our therapists to walk patients through common situations they may encounter at home and help them learn to navigate challenges.
- Our Ambulatory Course. This outdoor area incorporates a number of different slopes and textures, such as cobblestones, wood chips, and aggregate ground cover, to prepare patients for the different walking situations they may encounter outside the hospital.
- Our Transitional Living Apartment. Living independently after an illness or injury is a process, and our rehabilitation team uses our transitional living apartments to develop independent living skills, while also allowing patients to receive immediate help when they need it.
- Our Dayrooms. With sweeping views, these spaces are used by our recreation therapists to host activities and enhance our patients’ psychosocial well-being. We work one-on-one and in group settings to promote the successful and safe return home.
Want to learn more about our inpatient rehabilitation services in Southern Indiana? Call (859) 955-8386 to schedule a tour.