Referral & Admissions
Through a commitment to caring, innovative solutions, and patient focus programs, our hospital will enrich the lives of patients, caregivers, and families.
We work closely with our community hospitals and local institutions to ensure that patients referred for our specialty programs are accommodated efficiently and effectively. Patients can be referred from:
- Short Term Acute Care hospitals/ICU
- Skilled Nursing Facilities/Sub-Acute Units
- Emergency Rooms
- Acute Rehabilitation facilities
- Physician Offices
- Homes or Through House Call Physician Groups
- Health Plan/Managed Care Case Managers
Referrals made to Vibra Hospital of San Diego for evaluation are handled timely.
- A clinical liaison completes an on-site assessment and verifies eligibility for insurance.
- The clinical liaison determines clinical appropriateness for admission, assesses service or equipment needs, and obtains authorization from health plans (if necessary).
- The clinical liaison meets with patient/family to share information, answer questions, invites to tour etc.
- Once the patient is medically stable for transfer and consents to admission, the liaison assists in transferring the patient to Vibra Hospital. Vibra Hospital admits patients seven days a week.
We accept Medicare, Medicare Advantage, commercial health plans, Medi-Cal and are contracted with most managed care/HMO plans. If we are not a network provider, we can negotiate with your health plan for your benefits to be covered at the in-network rate.