Restore mobility with Vibra Rehab's Orthopedic Physical Therapy Rehab Program
Our program for orthopedic rehabilitation is designed to provide short-term, cost-effective care to restore mobility and return patients to productive lifestyles. Patients and their families are integral members of the team and participate in the development of the treatment plan. The goals of our program are:
- Increase patients' ability to perform daily physical activities such as ambulation and transfers.
- Improve patients' ability to perform self-care tasks including dressing, bathing and use of assistive devices.
- Educate patients regarding secondary health issues such as diabetes and arthritis.
- Educate patients and their families regarding wound care, post-surgical precautions, proper nutrition for healing, the appropriate use of medications and the management of prosthetic devices.
- Safety training to reduce risk of potential injury.
- Transition to home / community setting.
Our program is designed for patients with the following conditions:
- Post Reconstructive Joint Surgery
- Hand Injury / Surgery
- Hip Fracture
- Musculoskeletal Injuries
- Back Injury / Surgery
- Multiple Fractures / Trauma
- Neck Injury / Surgery
- Sports Injuries
Approach to Care
Orthopedic rehabilitative care is provided by a multidisciplinary team dedicated to improving patient mobility and restoring independent lifestyles. Our approach to care includes:
- Preoperative training to prepare patients for surgery, the recovery process, and teaching specific skills such as bed mobility and postoperative conditioning exercises.
- Physical therapy including bed mobility, gait / stairs / transfer training, lower extremity conditioning, and use of ambulation devices.
- Training in the use of splints, orthotics and prosthetic devices, as required.
- Occupational therapy including dressing training, energy conservation, use of assistive devices, upper extremity conditioning and home safety consultation.
- Nursing education including wound care, medication precautions and required modifications to daily living activities.
Continuum of Care
The orthopedic rehabilitation program is designed to meet the individual needs of patients as they progress through their recovery. Patients are continuously evaluated by the rehabilitation team to ensure effective utilization of services. Specialized features include:
- Frequent monitoring of patient care by a rehabilitation physician.
- Case management support to coordinate all components of the patient's stay, including clinical, utilization management, payer relations and follow-up services.
- Follow-up care will be scheduled for all patients with their referring physician upon discharge.
In-Patient Acute Rehabilitation
Patients are admitted to the acute In-Patient level of care once they are medically stable and ready to begin an intensive therapy program. Many patients can be transferred to Marlton Rehabilitation Hospital as early as the second post-operative day.
This level of care is designed for patients who do not require the intensity of an In-Patient program, or for those who are completing their functional goals established during an In-Patient program. Therapy is typically provided one to five times per week, based on individual need.
For admissions information about our rehabilitation programs for orthopedic conditions, please call the Marlton Rehabilitation Hospital Admissions Department at 856-988-4106.