Balance and Vestibular Therapy Program
Balance Therapy at Vibra Rehab Hospital helps patients return to normal lifeThe Balance and Vestibular Therapy Program at Vibra Rehabilitation Hospital of Lake Travis offers two distinct types of treatment programs, Balance Therapy and Vestibular Rehabilitation. Balance Physical Therapy is a comprehensive rehabilitation approach that assesses and treats the sensory, motor and biomechanical factors that contribute to balance problems. Vestibular Physical Therapy is a therapy program designed to help reduce symptoms of vertigo often associated with inner ear disorders and to improve balance, visual function and musculoskeletal status. Treatment focuses on reducing impairments when possible and developing effective compensations.
Balance and Vestibular Disorders may be caused by any of the following:
- BPPV (Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo)
- Inner Ear Disorder - Meniere's Disease
- Balance Disorders – Gait Dysfunction
- Neurologic Disorders – Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s Disease
- Stroke or Brain Injury
- Medication Toxicity
The Balance and Vestibular Therapy Program offers a comprehensive evaluation to determine the need for therapy and treatment intensity. The evaluation consists of patient history, sensory evaluation, ROM and muscle testing, functional status in work/ADLs, posture and skeletal alignment.
Treatment Goals for Balance and Vestibular Therapy include:
- Reduce symptoms of dizziness and imbalance
- Decreased incidence of falls
- Increase independence in activities of daily living