LSVT BIG will help you establish Life Long Habit of BIG Practice!
LSVT (Lee Silverman Voice Treatment) BIG is an intensive physical therapy exercise program for people with Parkinson’s disease and other neurological disorders.
Parkinson’s disease affects nerves, such as these, often causing muscle rigidity, tremors, slowness of movement, and problems with balance.
A research-based approach to exercise, LSVT BIG is a treatment program that’s proven to help individuals living with Parkinson’s disease, giving them new hope for improved communication, movement, and quality of life.
Research on the physical/occupational therapy program LSVT BIG has documented improvements such as:
- Faster walking with bigger steps
- Improved Balance
- Increased trunk rotation
HOW IT WORKS
Our LSVT BIG-certified clinicians guide the patients in relearning skills.
TREATMENT CONSISTS OF:
16 sessions: 4 consecutive days a week for 4 weeks
- Individual 1 hour sessions
- Daily homework practice
- Daily carryover exercises
LSVT BIG will teach you how to avoid in activityand keep your movements ALIVE during every-day activities. It will help you participate fully and improve your quality of life!
LSVT BIG treatment:
- Trains a single target of amplitude (bigger movements)
- Drives intensive and high-effort practice
- Teaches the amount of effort required to produce normal movements
- Translates bigger movement into realworld, everyday activities
- Empowers people with Parkinson’s disease with the potential to IMPROVE
Ballard Rehabilitation Outpatient Therapies offers the LSVT BIG program with the goal of giving patients the potential and power to become the most active part of ensuring their own quality of life.
A personalized plan is part of the treatment tailored to each patient.